Top 10 Artists of the Past Century
Sportiqe Apparel is proud to work with a number of unique and eclectic customers. One of which is the famed Juilliard School for music dance and drama. Every aspiring musician, dancer, or actor/actress dreams of the opportunity to attend this prestigious school, learn from the top professors, experience the most well-known performers and be surrounded by the most talented students from around the world.
For example, the audition process for the dance program alone is daunting:
- Around 500 applicants
- 6 cities
- 10 audition days
- Three cuts and an interview
- Usually only 24 get accepted (less than a 5% acceptance rate)
With this in mind, it’s not surprising that some of the world’s most talented and innovative artists have stemmed from the Juilliard branch. Below is our list of the 10 most notable Juilliard School alumni:
- Miles Davis - Celebrated jazz trumpeter and music pioneer, known for his innovative album Kind of Blue.
- Kelsey Grammer - Star actor of the sitcoms Frasier and Cheers
- Val Kilmer - Actor known for playing Batman in Batman Forever
- Kevin Kline - Shakespeare actor on broadway, also known for his film roles in Wild Wild West and A Fish Called Wanda
- Yo-Yo Ma - World-famous cellist with an incredibly extensive discography
- Wynton Marsalis - One of the most recognizable trumpet players of the 20th century. He has collaborated with many different artists, including most recently the album Two Men with the Blues with Willie Nelson.
- Christopher Reeve - Actor, director, producer, screenwriter and author, perhaps best known for his role in Superman.
- Kevin Spacey - Academy Award winning actor for his roles in The Usual Suspects and American Beauty
- John Williams - Arguably the greatest film scorer of all time (Jaws, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, E.T., Jurassic Park, Schindler’s List, Saving Private Ryan, Harry Potter). With 45 Academy Award nominations, Williams is the 2nd most-nominated person behind Walt Disney.
- Robin Williams - Academy Award winning actor/comedian who has appeared in an innumerable amount of movies including Mrs. Doubtfire, Good Will Hunting, Good Morning Vietnam, Aladdin and Patch Adams in addition to a renowned stand-up career.
Juilliard apparel by Sportiqe is available at the campus bookstore and at their online storefront.
Who do you think is the most notable alumni?